With many recent studies to back up our viewpoint, we are firm believers in the positive effects of keeping horses in the most natural way possible. Horses are happier and healthier when they're kept outside and given near constant access to friends, forage and freedom of movement. Looking after our land that supports us and being careful not to overcrowd our pastures is extremely important to us so, space is very limited!
The Rock'n Star Ranch in Pritchard BC
Natural Care Boarding from $350.00 AVAILABLE NOW!!!
Horses roam wide open countryside, take in stunning views, climb hills, rub on trees and graze until their heart's content! Horses have sections of our stunning 167 acre ranch to roam, access to heated automatic waterers or a spring fed lake and even a seasonal creek to quench their thirst and a variety of native grasses to feed on. The terrain is gentle yet challenging and provides both humans and horses with a sense of peace and tranquility. The Rock'n Star Ranch is a perfect setting for any horse or human to find themselves! This is wild country however, and comes complete with Elk, Coyote, Bears and Bobcats so our horses learn to be brave and are exposed to it all!
To find out about the facilities all our boarders enjoy, scroll down!
Domestication Maintenance from $75/mo
If your horse is younger or older or just needs a break from domestic life, The Rock'n Star Ranch could be the perfect place for them to stretch their legs, clear their mind and just be a horse, but often this kind of lifestyle can lead to a little more "horsing around" so we offer Domestication Maintenance as a way of maintaining a minimum level of manageability. Once per week your horse will be caught, haltered, brought into the barn and handled. Their feet will be picked up and they will be reminded of their domestic roots. This makes unexpected or routine vet visits, hoof care and routine worming go a whole lot smoother for both the humans and the horses involved.
To find out about the facilities our boarders enjoy, scroll down!
Pictures below are from The Rock'n Star Ranch Pritchard BC.
Facilities at The Rock'n Star Ranch Pritchard BC include...
The Rock'n Star Ranch in Pritchard BC is not for people, it's for horses. Therefore we don't have a lot of human creature comforts. We're not a typical public boarding facility. Our riding facilities are for the training and Edu-Vacations that we conduct as well as for the clinics that we run. We do take the occasional local boarder but we're here to service the horses and to provide a Edu-Vacation destination. As well as what's listed below, our guests also enjoy miles and miles of beautiful countryside.
- Large catch pen for gathering, checking over and caring for the herd.
- Heated automatic water troughs for the winter months.
- 12'x12' shelters for getting out of the weather.
- All season creek or spring fed lake to drink from.
- Natural grasses, weeds and plants to forage on, rub on and roll in.
- Steep muscle building hills and valleys to develop coordination and strength.
- Exposure to wildlife and dendrite-building, natural problem solving situations.
- Round bales provided as needed.
- Good, strong, tight fences.
- Large (115' x 210') outdoor "infinity arena".
- 2 large outdoor round pens.
- 2 stall barn with tack and feed storage.
- 4 covered tie stalls and covered work space for vets/farrier visits.